Shop Pay offers you the option to pay in full at checkout, or to split your purchase into 4 equal installment payments. You can't adjust the number of installment payments or the price range available for Shop Pay Installments.
You have the option to pay for orders between $50 and $1,000 USD, including discounts, shipping and taxes, in 4 installments. To use Shop Pay Installments, your shipping address needs to be in the United States.
Pay with installments when you check out
To pay with Shop Pay Installments:
- Fill your cart, then choose Shop Pay Installments at checkout.
- Choose the installments option as your payment method.
- Choose a debit or credit card to use for payment, then tap Continue.
- Follow the steps to verify your identity—this usually takes just a few moments.
- If you agree to the terms, click Agree, then tap Authorize purchase.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code that was sent to your phone.
- Add items to your cart.
- Check out using Shop Pay.
- In the Payment method section, choose to pay for your order in 4 installments.
- Select a debit or card card to use as your payment method.
- Confirm your billing and shipping information is correct.
Note: Your address needs to be in the United States.
- Click Continue.
- If required, enter the 6-digit code sent by Shop Pay to your phone.
- If you agree to the terms, select the Agree checkbox and then complete your purchase. If you don’t agree to the terms and conditions, then you can’t pay using Shop Pay Installments.
After you select Shop Pay Installments, review your purchase. You’ll be presented with one of the following options:
- Make your first payment at checkout
- Make your first payment 2 weeks after the purchase was made
The 3 remaining payments are automatically charged to your debit or credit card every 2 weeks after the first payment. You’ll get an email reminder before each payment is charged in case you want to change your payment methods.
There are no additional charges, interest rates, or late fees. You can pay your balance off early without penalty. However, if you make a partial payment or late payment, then future applications to use Shop Pay Installments might be affected.
Your credit scores aren't affected if you use Shop Pay Installments. However, if you don’t pay an installment, or you make a late payment, then your eligibility for making purchases using Shop Pay Installments in the future might be affected.
There are some items that you can’t use Shop Pay Installments to purchase, including, but not limited to:
- Cash advances
- Illegal items and activities
- Weapons, including parts and accessories
- Narcotics and drug paraphernalia
- Currency, including cryptocurrency
- PayPal, Venmo, and other money transfer services
- Loan and credit card payments
- Gift cards